Wednesday, November 17, 2010

On My Needles

About 2 weeks ago, lovely yarn from PurlSoho entered my life. 8 beautiful skeins all wrapped up in a neat little package. Heaven? Yes.


Determined to knit up a Christmas stocking (see post here), I got all merry and started knitting away. And, let me tell you, what a nice little pattern this is! Because you are constantly changing colors, I feel like I'm making good progress. Aaaaaand, progress isn't actually one of those things that I'm great at when it comes to knitting.


My only disappointment is that I didn't realize how small this was going to be. If I were savvy enough, I could change the size of the pattern. Or, even easier, I could have read the measurements before I started knitting. But that would have taken all the fun out of it.

This little stocking will hang by the chimney with care (in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there...you know you were thinking it, too.)

I'll share some more once I tackle the heel. Double pointed needles scare me.

Stay cozy!
xo,
J.

1 comment:

  1. I always admired that stocking! I can't wait to see it finished! Bravo job Jen-Jen.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is so appreciated! :)