Sunday, November 28, 2010

Finished, finally.

I am proud to announce that I have (finally) finished my first project that I have introduced on this blog. The cabled baby blanket is now complete!

Let's take a trip down Memory Lane, shall we?

First, there were the dreaded cable needles:



Then, the panic set in as the baby was born and the blanket looked like this:


And, finally, a finished blanket to keep baby warm, complete with tag:





I've got to say, it's a wonderful feeling giving a handmade gift. This project meant a lot to me, as I learned so much from it, and I hope it keeps baby warm and cozy in this chilly winter weather.

Cross your fingers that this creates some sort of momentum...

xo,
J.

2 comments:

  1. The blanket is gorgeous! Beautiful work. No one would guess that you've only been knitting for a year or so. You've given yourself some pretty demanding challenges and have accomplished them with a balance of wit, charm, and nimble fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby really appreciates her new blanket, even if it's going to be awhile before she understands the intricacy of a cable stitch. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is so appreciated! :)