Friday, October 8, 2010

Buttons.


It all started in kindergarten.
100th Day of School.
Assignment: To bring in 100 items.
And what did I bring?
100 buttons. 100 of the most beautiful treasures that were found in my grandma's sewing basket.
Buttons.

I have had a slight fascination with buttons ever since. Well...okay...major fascination.
I dream of the day when I will have acquired enough buttons to fill jars and jars in my home. Do you know how it can sometimes be a pain to cut the extra buttons off of a new article of clothing, because you don't know where to put them? I call that experience heaven.

There used to be the cutest button store in Chicago during my pre-knitting days. My mom and I were recently on a manhunt to find the most perfect buttons for a project, and found that the store had closed. Torture! I can actually buy buttons now for things that I'm knitting and they *gasp!* take the store away?!

Now...if I only knew how to make button holes...we'd be in business.

xo,
J.

1 comment:

  1. Those are the cutest glass buttons! Not surprised that they can be found at Etsy. Almost want to knit something to purchase those buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is so appreciated! :)