Thursday, October 3, 2013

3 months in the making

My adorable niece, Grace, turned one at the end of July. I really, really wanted to have a sweater ready for her when we celebrated her birthday, but that didn't quite happen. So, I was 2+ months late. That's why I made it in a larger size. It bought me some time.



Finding time to knit these days is a little difficult because our little boy thrives on little sleep. When he does go down at night, I often am afraid to get started on something if I can't easily put it down and pick it back up again. This is why it took me 3 months to knit a child's sweater. 3 months.

I liked the finished product, though. The pattern, Cricket, pushed me a bit. It was knit top down, and I've only done that once before. I think I like that way of doing things, particularly because I hate finishing my projects. I opted to knit the pockets, so it was interesting to try that method, as well. I also loved that the pockets, as well as the yoke appeared to look like smocking. I love me some smocking.


I used Quince and Co. yarn -- specifically the yarn Chickadee, in the color Chanterelle. I loved this yarn. It was soft, had a nice stretch to it, and the color was to die for. It was a taupey-pink. The perfect color for this project.

I'm thrilled to have crossed this sweater off my list, and am looking forward to tackling a sweater for my little guy. Hopefully it doesn't take me too long because he is growing fast. So naturally, I chose a pattern with cables. And I'm already stuck after casting on. Hmphf.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Love those pockets. Such a nice touch. Lucky little niece!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is so appreciated! :)