Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mildly obsessed.

In an effort to reorganize my yarn basket last week, I took out all of my yarn and separated the scrap yarn from the project yarn. It was a bit sad that the scrap yarn took up much of the basket -- it feels like such a waste! But, what to do with all of that extra yarn?...

Not once, but twice! last week, I came across the Beekeeper's Quilt. Not one to overlook the possibility that everything. is. a. sign., I just knew I had to purchase the pattern. What was most charming about this quilt was that at first glance, it appeared to be carefully sewn with the most precious old-timey fabrics. It is, however, knit using individual hexi-puffs (could that possibly be my favorite new word? Must bring it up in casual conversation...), and it's the perfect way to use up that scrap yarn.




I don't think this is a pattern that I could work on exclusively, but, it is the kind of project that is perfect for car rides. I just love that it has the old-fashioned feel that I'm going for in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is so appreciated! :)