Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yarn, and needles, and cables, oh my!

Steps for moving beyond novice status:
1) Don't be afraid of stitches beyond knits and purls.
2) Have someone (mother) teach you how to do a cable stitch.
3) Complete multiple cable stitches on your own with decreasing amounts of panic.
4) Congratulations, you have moved beyond novice status!

I've finally learned how to make a cable! I'm so happy because I can now begin so many other projects that have cables in them. Nevermind that I don't have time for these extra projects -- it's just the idea of knowing that I can do it that's enticing.

I need to cable stitch my heart out so that this blanket is ready for a baby-to-be. Here's to moving beyond the basics!

xo,
J.

2 comments:

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is so appreciated! :)