Friday, July 9, 2010

Why, hello there!

Here I stand...facing an awkward first post, unsure of how to introduce myself to the World Wide Web! So, how about I just give it a go and hope for the best!

The reason behind this blog? Crafting has always been a part of my life, in one way or another. Ever since the drawing classes I took as a child, I have enjoyed making art. Although this art has taken on many versions throughout my years, I have now recently explored knitting, and have found it to be very fulfilling. There's something about taking the simplest of tools and creating something beautiful. It's even better when that something beautiful becomes a gift for someone else.

As I have learned more (and trust me...novice doesn't even begin to describe my skill level...) it has ignited this desire to explore other types of crafting. Embroidery, sewing, actually making an article of knitted clothing...oh the possibilities!

So! This blog will hopefully describe my journey as I embrace this new, crafty lifestyle. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my very first post.

Phew, it's over. :)

xoxo,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is so appreciated! :)