Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sew no!

Growing up with a grandmother and mother who both know their way around a sewing machine, I finally went and bought my very own Brother last summer.

And do you know where it is?

Still in the box. ((blushing))

You see, things just...got away from me. Wedding planning, work, making up excuses for not even taking it out of the box. It's been very tiring, really.

So, with summer upon us, the wedding is over, I feel like I have a little free time to play around and figure this thing out.

So, we need to start with the basics. I have always loved the cute ideas over at the Purl Bee. Here are just a few that I think might be perfect to get me started: 

Simple Dishtowels (It has simple in the title, so this would probably make a good start!)



Molly's Handmade Napkins (I love the idea of making napkins specifically for a holiday celebration!)



Linen Stacking Pillows (There is something SO rustic and homey about these!)



I am realizing that all of these projects are rectangular...do not require a lot of cutting...and seem fairly straightforward. Just the starting point I need!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is so appreciated! :)