Monday, March 21, 2011

On My Needles Monday

It was a productive week. Which is more than I can say for most weeks. Usually my to-do list falls to the wayside if it's a good reality tv show night. Why does it seem like Bravo has to have a Real Housewives episode on every night of the week? It's totally messing with my productivity.

Anyway, last week I wrote a knitting to-do list, and I am happy to say that I knocked "Special Project" off the list! But sillies, it is not yet time to reveal that one. So instead, I'll share with you my new favorite, Rowan Classic Milkshake.

I have an oh-so-certain panache when it comes to finding the most perfect patterns that use discontinued yarn. Really, I am SO good at it. And, I happen to have a problem with facing the fact that the yarn is discontinued and I will spend hours trying to find it. This time, I failed - but! I found a nice substitute - Blue Sky Alpaca Worsted Weight Yarn. I changed the color scheme a bit, and I love how this yarn feels. To die for!



Here's what I have so far - and that's what's on my needles this Monday!

Happy knitting!
xo,
J.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE reading your blog - you always put a smile on my face . . . and that's nice for a Monday morning.

    I also like your new project . . . perfect for the upcoming spring/summer season. Your yarn choice shows up well in the pics. Keep those needles clickin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad that you enjoy it - happy knitting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss being around knitters and seeing what projects they are doing! I managed a yarn shop in North Carolina for 5 years and loved helping folks pick out projects and yarn. Rowan - always a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be my dream - lucky you! And yes, you can always count on Rowan! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - it is so appreciated! :)